Rice Pudding is probably one of my FAVORITE desserts/breakfast/snacks/ (insert any other meal of the day) to eat! Growing up in a South American household this was a true staple to my family. The warm smell of cinnamon and the creamy rich texture just had my mouth melting. Since my journey of a “dairy free” lifestyle, the thought of Rice pudding pretty much went out the window. That is, of course, until I stumbled upon this recipe that I am delighted to share with you! Just in time for the holiday season, making it even better. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. – With Joy and Love, Hannah
Vegan Rice Pudding
- 1½ cups rice (sushi rice, jasmine, basmati are really good in pudding)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 vanilla bean, seeded and scraped
- 5 cups Almond Milk, vanilla or unsweetened ( I make my own to skip out on the Carrageen)
- 13.5 oz of Coconut Cream
- pinch of sea salt
- Start by rinsing the rice with water. Add rice to a medium saucepan. Add maple syrup, vanilla beans and pod, sea salt, and 1 cup of almond milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Gradually add 5 more cups of almond milk, about ½ cup at a time. Let the milk absorb before adding more.
- Add in the Coconut Cream
- After 25 minutes, the rice pudding will be thick and creamy.
- Stir in chopped pecans and raisins and take off heat.
- Let cool, remove vanilla bean and spoon into a pretty glass. Garnish with fresh berries. Enjoy!